About The Company
Sweeny, Wingate & Barrow, P.A. was started in 1993 when the named partners combined their litigation and transactional experience to create a firm committed to excellence, integrity, and service. Since that time, the Firm has grown to approximately 14 lawyers practicing civil defense litigation, and probate and estate planning law. Our firm is structured to meet the litigation and consulting needs of individuals, businesses, and insurance companies throughout South Carolina. Our practice is statewide and we regularly practice in each of the State's 46 counties and all federal courts. We work hard to build long standing relationships with those we represent.
The Litigation Paralegal assists Partners and/or Associates with legal research and document preparation. Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following: organize and maintain litigation files, communicate with courts, clients, and experts, prepare drafts of legal documents, summarize medical records and other case documents, set depositions, and prepare subpoenas, all under the supervision of an attorney.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Previous experience as a paralegal is required
• Paralegal Certification is preferred
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Research and analytical skills
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in work
• Problem solving and reasoning ability
• Teamwork-willingness to help others when needed
• Professionalism in the workplace BENEFITS & WAGES Commensurate with skills and experience.
FLSA & Employment Status
How To Apply
To apply and/or obtain additional information, contact Bonnie Moffat at . Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.